Monday, May 3, 2010

So long Smoothies, You All Taste the Same.

It will not be pretty to see me re-unite with delicious unhealthy food. But I deserve it. I survived a week of hunger AND lost 4.5lbs. Plus I resisted ridiculously good food all weekend at the House of Pudge. Well, mostly resisted. I didn't completely fall off the wagon, but one leg was hanging off, trailing the mud a little bit... Let's just say my one solid meal a day was a little more substantial than usual.

But I still lost weight, so take that!

And I'd do it all again. I have complained, it's true. But blogs are the most self-indulgent platforms in the world, and what else was I going to say? "I
starvation"?

The truth is, it's not that bad. Although, I really do think that having a small breakfast would make it slightly better, since it wouldn't do that much harm and breakfast is really quite important. If I was doing it again, I would probably have breakfast, a smoothie for lunch and a light dinner, or something like that.


It's not the most extreme diet, as I've said before, and you still are getting a lot of what your body needs. I think it's fair to say your fruit intake is covered (stinkin' juice and smoothies, it will be weeks until I look at you again). And your one meal a day should be healthy and balanced, so you're getting a lot of what you should be getting there.

The hardest thing for me was not having tea. And potatoes. And alcohol. I love being an Irish stereotype. Potatoes are actually okay, just in small doses. Carbohydrates are evil didn't you know?

Gwyneth Paltrow keeps this diet up for three weeks at a time. I shall not. I need at least one day a week where I can treat myself. Today means pizza. Paltrow would go into shock if she saw the calorie and fat values in one of those bad boys.

But I am not Paltrow. I do not name my children after fruit. I am not attracted to moany rockers. I believe in cheese and white flour, which apparently she does not. I will enjoy my floury cheesy pizza.

And who knows, maybe I'll do it all again in a couple of weeks time....when I can look at smoothies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment