Saturday, May 1, 2010

Days Four and Five: Hunger is my friend

So, the final days of my diet experiment, and I'm getting used to the hunger. It may have had something to do with sleeping late - the later I get up, the closer my meals are together! I say meals, I mean smoothies and lettuce leaves. If I never see another smoothie... They all start to taste the same after a while. And I resent them, for not being buttery toast or cheesy something. The smoothies are out to get me.

I have to say, though, I am getting used to this. I have been busy and this helps. I can't imagine hanging around the house all day and managing to stick to this while the kitchen and all her goods seduce me, the filthy hussy. And if you delay that one golden solid meal til about five or six, then the evening is that much easier. Often I don't even really feel like that last smoothie or juice meal, mostly because I'm sick of them, and not because I am that good a dieter. But I think it's probably important for your metabolism to have it, so I do.

The final two days of my diet will present the biggest challenge yet - the weekend at home in my mother's house, also known as pudgy person's heaven. My mother is the best cook in the world - I know everyone thinks that but my mother would kick all your mothers' culinary arses. And she does not believe in me starving myself. I have tried to explain three times that I am trying out this diet for the sake of journalism, and it's like trying to detail the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to a hamster. I will have nothing to distract me from eating everything I can find over the next two days. That floozy of a kitchen will be waiting to lure me in. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment